The Alexander Gorchakov Public Diplomacy Fund was established in accordance with a decree of the President of Russia on February 2, 2010.
The mission of the Fund is to encourage development of public diplomacy and support creation of public, political and business climate abroad, favorable for Russia.
The Gorchakov Fund undertakes activities in the following areas:
- provides support to development of social, cultural, educational, research and management programs in the area of international relations;
- engages in the analysis of the state of economy and public policy, investment and innovation potential of Russia abroad, consulting and monitoring of current processes in the area of public diplomacy;
- provides financial, methodological and organizational support to interested national organizations submitting initiative proposals, which comply with the statuary goals of the Fund;
- organizes and coordinates conferences and workshops, symposia, business meetings and lectures;
- participates in the educational process;
- establishes information centers on the topics of the Fund’s expertise;
- implements international cooperation and provides support to development of international ties;
- provides assistance in creating a favorable public opinion of Russia abroad;
- supports advancement of intellectual, cultural, scientific and business potential of Russia abroad and others.