The Alexander Gorchakov Public Diplomacy Fund and the Italian Institute of Eurasian Studies headed by Franco Frattini continue a series of expert discussions on key topics of the international agenda and invite you to join online discussion "Afghanistan after the US military withdrawal: Who will help to establish a strong state?"
This summer, Afghanistan has again become one of the major topics of the world politics. In the beginning of September, the US military withdrawal from the territory of the country will be complete. In this regard, the situation in the Central Asian region incurs risks and problems, and the world's superpowers should assist in resolving them. According to Russian Presidential Envoy to Afghanistan, Director of the Second Asian Department at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia Zamir Kabulov, international cooperation in containing the regional threats is extremely important.
Is the dialogue between Russia, the EU and the US with the Taliban (an organization banned in Russia) a possibility? How does Afghanistan live today? Is there a peaceful solution of the Afghan problems and what role do Russia, the EU and other actors can assume in that process?
The following speakers will participate in the discussion:
– Zamir Kabulov, Russian Presidential Envoy to Afghanistan, Director of the Second Asian Department at the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
– Franco Frattini, President of the Italian Institute of Eurasian Studies, Co-chair of the Italian State Council, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Italy (2002-2004, 2008-2011).
When: Tuesday, August 3 at 10:15 am (Moscow Standard Time).
Duration of the event: up to 1.5 hours.
Languages of the event: Russian and English with synchronous interpretation.
In order to participate, please, follow these steps:
1. download Zoom on your phone/iPad/computer;
2. register on Zoom (this step is required to attend the video conference);
3. register for the discussion by completing a registration form on TimePad;
4. check the settings of your camera and microphone for full-format participation in the event.
Before the beginning of the discussion, each participant will receive an invitation to attend with a link to access the conference. In order to join the discussion, you can also use an ID number of the conference – a 10-digit number.