On October 11-15, research and educational program "The Arctic Dialogue – 2021" will take place in the capital of the Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous District – Salekhard. The project is implemented by the Gorchakov Fund in partnership with the Government of the Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous District and the Project Office for Arctic Development (PORA).
The Arctic is a region, which draws more and more global attention every day. The Arctic Dialogue will provide a platform for discussions of the geopolitical agenda in the region, prospects of economic development of northern territories, modern challenges to stability and security of the Arctic, and other important issues for intensification of regional international cooperation.
The Dialogue’s business program will include lectures by experts in international relations, international law, and transport security from the Arctic states. The participants will get to learn more about Russian and foreign strategies for Arctic development.
The program will be held in a mixed format, which means that some of the participants and experts will be able to come to Salekhard and attend in person, while other foreign and out-of-town participants will take part in the Dialogue online via the Zoom platform.
Dates of the event:
October 11-15, 2021
Place of the event: Salekhard/online
Languages of the event: Russian and English (with synchronous interpretation)
Who can participate?
– young experts (Master’s and post-graduates students) studying international relations, political scientists, economists, journalists;
– international journalists writing about problems of the Arctic;
– representatives of NGOs engaged in international cooperation and public diplomacy:
– young diplomats, politicians and government officials.
The participants will be selected based on results of the applications review.
Terms of participation:
The organizers will provide:
– visa support for foreign participants to come and stay in Russia during the event;
– flights to/from Salekhard;
– accommodation, meals, and a cultural program while in Salekhard.
The participants will be responsible for:
– visa fee (provided they cannot receive a humanitarian visa for some reason);
– transfer to/from the airport (railway station);
– a valid and negative PCR-test for COVID-19;
– health insurance.
How to apply?
Deadline for applications for online participants:
– complete an applicant form of the Gorchakov Fund
– attach an essay on the topic of your choice describing a problem existing in international relations in the Arctic and prospects of its resolution (not more than 5000 characters).
Deadline for applications for in-person participants:
August 27, 2021 until 11:59 PM (Moscow Standard Time).
September 10, 2021, accepted until 11:59 PM (Moscow Standard Time).
All applicants will notified about the results via email.
Please contact us at email@example.com
with any additional questions.