The Alexander Gorchakov Public Diplomacy Fund extends the deadline for submitting applications for participation in international program “The Balkan Dialogue – 2021”. This year, the traditional event of the Gorchakov Fun will take place in Moscow due to restrictions caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
Dates: November 17-21, 2021
Place: Moscow, Russia
Languages: Russian, English, Greek
The agenda of the Balkan Dialogue – 2021 expects discussions of geopolitical events in the region, trade and economic activities of the Balkan countries, development of a public opinion and a political culture in the Balkans, modern challenges to stability and security in the region, prospects of cooperation of the Balkan countries with Russia on the background of the Euro-integration and other issues. Special emphasis will be placed no both, intensification of Russian-Greek cooperation and the historical process of establishment of the Greek Republic 200 years ago. The attendees and the speakers will pay special attention to building international youth cooperation and development of ethno-diplomacy. The event was included into the list of official events of the Russia-Greece Cross Year of History in 2021.
Who can attend?
- young professionals in the areas of international relations, policy, economy, history of the Balkans;
- activists of NGOs participating in international activities and focusing on the problems of public diplomacy;
- representatives of local and regional self-governing bodies and government agencies;
- undergraduate and graduate students, instructors of field-specific faculties;
- journalists specializing on the issues of the Balkan region.
Age of participants: 18-35.
The group of attendees will be selected based on results of the competition.
How to apply?
- complete an application form
of the Gorchakov Fund;
- attach an essay on one of the topics listed below (volume – not more than 10 000 characters):
1. The role of Russia in the development of Greek sovereignty;
2. Economic cooperation between Russia and countries of the Balkan Peninsula during the COVID-19 and post-COVID-19 periods;
3. Trends and opportunities for expansion of political cooperation in the areas of global, regional and bilateral relations between Russia and the Balkans;
4. Emerging threats to security in the Western Balkans: the role of Russia in the regional security architecture;
5. The state of Russian-Balkan youth cooperation and opportunities for its further development.
Terms of participation:
The organizers will provide:
- visa support for Russian participants going to Greece;
- accommodation in double rooms;
- meals and transfers on the territory of Greece.
The attendees will be responsible for:
- a visa fee (if it is not possible to receive a cultural exchange visa);
- travel to/from the event;
- PCR COVID test;
- medical insurance.
The Gorchakov Fund will cover expenses associated with travel to/from the event for authors of the three best essays.
Deadline for applications:
September 26, 2021 at 11:59 pm.
Results of the competition will be announced on October 1. All applicants will be notified via email.
Please forward your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org