A statement was made about the need to develop cooperation with social activists from Syria at the conference held with the media support of the Gorchakov Fund in Krasnodar
International conference “The Role of Non-Governmental Organizations of Kuban in the Syrian Crisis Resolution” was held at Kuban State University with the media support of the Gorchakov Fund on October 6.
The forum is one of the stages of the project on development of the civil society among the youth of the Krasnodar region and is implemented by Deputy of the State Duma of the Federal Assembly of Russia and confident to the President of Russia Dmitry Pirog. Deputy Head of the Department of Political Science and Political Management of Kuban State University Department, Professor Dr. Victor Yurchenko was a moderator of the discussion.
Representatives of the Administration of the Krasnodar region and the Government of the Republic of Adygea; representatives of the Yekaterinodar and Kuban Episcopate and Religious Administration of Muslims of the Republic of Adygea and the Krasnodar region; heads of Adyghe, Arabic, Armenian, Assyrian and Kurdish national non-governmental organizations and diasporas; heads of regional charity organizations “Accessible Sport” and “Dostoinstvo”, journalists and students from Krasnodar universities took part in the conference. Combat veteran, officer of the Syrian army Khammash was a special guest of the forum.
The participants of the conference honored memory of the Russia soldiers killed in the war, discussed wide spectrum of issues starting from the reasons of the Syrian conflict to practical proposals of offering help to the Syrian people.
Dmitry Pirog suggested a detailed plan of actions and a resolution of the conference, which were unanimously approved by the participants:
1. We support the peacekeeping position of the Russian government regarding the conflict in Syria.
2. We speak for peaceful resolution of the conflict in Syria based on the negotiation process.
3. We approve the reforms in Syria, which will result in peace, systematic development of the country, and enhancement of the life of its citizens.
4. We warn all the parties of the conflict and those forces, which prevent the negotiation process and push the opposition to military actions, that all the responsibility for the death of the people will be on the initiators of the armed conflicts and their patrons.5. We state the need to develop relations between NGOs of the Krasnodar region and the Republic of Syria with the goal of building reliable partner relations.
6. We announce beginning of the charity campaign “Russia and Syria – the Common Future”. Within the framework of this campaign, charity organizations “Accessible Sport” and “Dostoinstvo” will organize collection of sports equipment, Russian language and literature textbooks, stationary supplies for schoolchildren and educational toys for the children in Syria.
The event was organized and held jointly with Autonomous Non-Profit Organization for Studies and Social Diplomacy “International Center Falcogroup”.