Call for applications to participate in Dialogue in the Name of the Future – 2019
On October 21-26, research and educational program “Dialogue in the Name of the Future”, one of the major programs of the Gorchakov Fund, will take place in Moscow for the ninth time in collaboration with the Primakov Center for International Cooperation and with the financial support of the Presidential Grants Foundation. Similar to last year, one of the main topics of the events will be analysis of influence of innovation technologies on the system of international relations. The event is dedicated to the 90th birthday anniversary of outstanding Soviet and Russian diplomat Yevgeny Primakov.
“Dialogue in the Name of the Future” will bring together top Russian and foreign experts in foreign affairs and modern technologies and will provide participants with an opportunity to discuss a wide range of problems and deepen their knowledge in different areas of international relations.
The discussion will include topics associated with major challenges of the digital era, future development of science and education, current processes of diplomacy development, transformation of the world order and factors that affect it and the future of the system of international security. In addition to that, problems of evolution of relations between Russia and countries of the West, the Middle East and the Asia-Pacific region and prospects of partnership development in the EEU will be included in the agenda.
Traditionally, a meeting with Minister of Foreign Affairs of Russia Sergey Lavrov will be organized during the event.
The Dialogue in the Name of the Future – 2019 is a final stage of the large-scale international educational project “Synthesis of Public Diplomacy and Modern Technologies as a New Trend of International Relations”, implemented the Primakov Center and Primakov IMEMO RAS. It was created to summarize the existing experience and analysis of influence of modern technologies on international relations and was traditionally sponsored by the Presidential Grants Foundation.
What opportunities does the Dialogue in the Name of the Future provide?
- to discuss current agenda with Russian and foreign analysts and experts;
- to discuss mutual influence of modern technologies and world politics;
- to meet with prominent public leaders and politicians;
- to visit the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia and personally ask Minister Sergey Lavrov a question;
- to discuss opportunities for implementation of the participants’ initiatives in the area of public diplomacy;
- to exchange opinions with participants from other countries;
- to learn firsthand about events in neighboring countries;
- to find new friends and partners.
Who can become a participant?
- young foreign policy experts, political scientists, economists, lawyers, journalists and historians;
- experts in innovation technologies in military and public sectors, digital economy and information security;
- representatives of NGOs specializing in international cooperation, public diplomacy and development of innovation technologies;
- young diplomats and representatives of governmental agencies;
- graduate and post-graduate students, instructors of field-specific educational institutions.
The working language of the event is Russia (certain sessions might be held in English). Knowledge of the Russian languages is required for participation in the program.
More information about the program and how to participate is available here in Russian.
Additional information about the project, comments of the participants and the experts can be found in our promotional video.