International Youth School Studia Baltica will be held with the support of the Gorchakov Fund. Call for applications!
The VII International Summer School for young journalists Studia Baltica “Modern Working Methods in Media Space” will take place in Kaliningrad on May 21. “Russian Baltics” are organizers of the event. The Alexander Gorchakov Public Diplomacy Fund will provide financial support to the school.
According to information provided by the organizers, young journalists, students from departments of journalism (and other humanities departments), experts in the area of media communications and political scientists from Russia, the EU and countries of the post-Soviet space will discuss the role of young journalists under conditions of media confrontation, information wars in social media, the role of mass media in building a dialogue between the EU and Russia, and an image of Russia in European and post-Soviet media.
Terms of participation:
- senior university students, post-graduates, young researchers, journalists interested in the issues of cooperation of Russia, the EU and post-Soviet countries, age group – up to 30;
- knowledge of Russian is required;
- participants will have to attend all the classes and cultural events at the school;
- the Organizing Committee of the school will cover accommodation costs (based on double occupancy) and meals (breakfasts, lunches and dinners) for the participants.
- a completed application of a participant of the summer school (in Russian);
- a copy of the first page of the passport (for Russian participants – a copy of the first page and a page with residence registration);
- a document from the place of work/study indicating current status on a letterhead of the university/organization signed and stamped by head of the organization/structural entity (for foreigners – with a short translation into Russian) – if a visa invitation is needed;
- a short essay in Russian on any of the four main topics of the school (1000-2000 words).
The documents should be completed in Russian.
A final deadline for submitting applications:
- for foreign participants, who need visas – April 15;
- for Russian and foreign participants, who do not need visas – April 20.
Selection of the participants will be handled by the Contest Committee. The applicants will be notified about results of the selection process by April 21. The Contest Committee will not correspond with the participants and will not explain results of the selection process to attend the school.