The Arctic Youth Media School in Murmansk: Call for applications!
October 14-18 Murmansk will host the first International Arctic Youth Media School – a collaborative project of the Gorchakov’s Fund and the «Russian-Baltic media Centre» Association.
The International Youth Media School is a successful format of the Gorchakov’s Fund and its partners bringing together the journalists from across the world. This time the organizers are inviting the participants to the Arctic – a region of growing global interest.
What we offer:
– getting acquainted with or taking a closer look at the Russian and foreign Arctic strategies;
– a chance to become a part of professional Arctic journalistic society;
– lectures by experts in International Relations, International Law, energy and transport security from the Arctic region countries;
– practicums for skills improvement and discussions on the peculiarities of contemporary media environment with the editors-in-chief of print and e-media, TV, radio, SMM-specialists and bloggers.
The participants will also get a chance to work on a journalistic project of their own on one of the topics of the Arctic Media School under the guidance of our skilled project tutors. The best works will be published on the news feed of the major federal and foreign international information agencies.
Who can apply?
Faculty of Journalism, Political Science or International Relations students, professional journalists, bloggers, mass-media editors (aged18-30) interested in the Arctic region agenda.
The list of participants is being formed based on the results of the open competition of applications.
Terms of participation:
The host party covers the expenses for:
– transfers from Moscow to Murmansk and back;
– accommodation and meals in Murmansk;
– an excursion program to Murmansk region.
Transfers to Moscow and back are covered by the participants themselves.
How to apply?
One can apply with a Gorchakov’s Fund Form.
The deadline for applications is September 6th, 2019 at 23:59 Moscow time. The results of the competition will be available on September 9th.
All the candidates will be informed about the results via e-mail.
For more information, please, contact us by email@example.com.