The Gorchakov Fund starts accepting applications for the School on Central Asia - 2016
The Alexander Gorchakov Public Diplomacy Fund starts accepting applications for research and educational program the School on Central Asia – 2016.
- one of the major annual projects of the Gorchakov Fund for young auditorium;
- 3 days of intensive intellectual activities;
- lectures and workshops by leading analysts and experts fr om the countries of Central Asia and Russia.
In Bishkek on May 22-26, 2016 (including days of arrival and departure)
What opportunities does the School on Central Asia offer?
- to discuss the current agenda with Russian and foreign analysts and experts;
- to expand one’s horizons and strengthen the foundation of basic knowledge about world politics and foreign affairs;
- to gain a reputation of a young expert and researcher in academic circles;
- to learn first-hand information about the situation in neighboring countries;
- to find new partners and friends;
- to become a member of the Gorchakov Fund’s Club of Friends and continue working with the Fund within the framework of the program “Support of Experts’’ Mobility”.
Who can become a participant?
- young researchers in the field of foreign affairs;
- undergraduate and graduate students, teachers from field-specific universities;
- international journalists;
- representatives of public organizations specializing in international cooperation;
- age 25-30;
- area of specialization – different aspects of development of the Central Asian region;
- a working language of the event – Russian.
Terms of participation:
- the Gorchakov Fund provides all the participants with accommodation in double rooms in a hotel and transportation in Bishkek, assists with visa support;
- the participants are responsible for their own travel expenses to Bishkek.
How to participate?
- send an electronic application to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- attach a photo, a motivation letter and a recommendation from the university or the place of work with contact information of the recommender;
- deadline to submit applications – April 25;
- all the applicants will be informed about results of the contest by e-mail.
Information about previous projects can be found here.