The IV Annual Meeting of the International Expert Council on Cooperation in the Arctic is opening in St. Petersburg
On October 4, the IV Annual Meeting of the International Expert Council on Cooperation in the Arctic will take place in St. Petersburg Organizers of the event are the Center for Strategic Assessments and Forecasts represented by its Executive Director and member of the Gorchakov Fund’s Club of Friends Sergey Grinyaev.
The meeting will be held within the framework of the of 5th International Conference on Development of Ports and Navigation and exhibition TRANSTEK-2016. A topic of the discussion is “Key Aspects of International Cooperation in the Arctic: 20 Years of Work Experience of the Arctic Council”.
At the meeting, the following issues are proposed to be discussed:
- creation of political space of the Arctic dialogue – 20 years of history;
- current issues of cooperation: transport, ecology, socialization;
- financing of high-risk projects in the Arctic – experience of international cooperation;
- sea navigation in polar latitudes: experience of development of the Polar code;
- new technologies in the Arctic: transport, construction, mining, telecommunications and communications;
- cooperation horizons – what issues are on the agenda in the next 20 years?
Well-known Russian and foreign experts on the Arctic and related topics will participate in the meeting. They will include Rector of the Northern (Arctic) Federal University named after M.V. Lomonosov Yelena Kudryashova, President of the World Stability Observatory Luis Fraga (Spain), and Vice President of the Institute of Eurasian Studies (Italy) and member of the Gorchakov Fund’s Club of Friends Andrea Gianotti.
After the meeting, Mr. Gianotti will read a lecture “On the European Policy in the Arctic”.
The second issue of Arctic Review magazine will be presented during the discussion. You can read it already now in the “Little Library of a Public Diplomat” on the website of the Gorchakov Fund.