The Russian-Balkan Forum will be organized in Ryazan with the media support of the Gorchakov Fund
The Ryazan State University named for S. A. Yesenin and student NGO “Russian Club” of Yesenin RSU will organize the Russian-Balkan Youth Forum in Ryazan on September 3 with the support of the Federal Agency for Youth Affairs (Rosmolodezh). The Gorchakov Fund will provide media support to the event.
Goals of the forum:
- development of effective youth cooperation and expansion of cooperation among representatives of youth NGOs from Russia and Balkan countries through a discussion of the current agenda in the fields of international relations, youth policy, popularization of the Russian language and history, and working with the youth of the countries-participants of the forum;
- development of conditions for exchange of experience and development of bilateral project initiatives in social, cultural and scientific areas; development of experience related to intercultural, interethnic and interdenominational cooperation among the participants of the forum;
- focusing attention of the society, governmental authorities and mass media on positive experience of development of the Russian-Balkan relations based on the example of youth cooperation.
Goals of the forum:
- providing a platform for a discussion of public diplomacy in Russia and the Balkan countries and the role of young leaders in its implementation;
- providing support to development and successful implementation of youth Russian-Balkan socially-oriented projects as well as to professional participation of youth NGOs of the countries in public diplomacy programs on national and international levels;
- providing a platform for consolidation of the youth and youth NGOs in the regions – partners of Russia and the Balkan countries; a discussion of the role of the Russian language in the Balkan region.
Theme sessions of the forum:
- problems of security in the Balkan countries: the role of the youth in their resolution;
- problems of multilingualism and the role of the Russian language in the Balkan region;
- the role of Russia and mutual cooperation of the youth in development of the Balkan region.
Read more in Russian here